Ferrite Chip Beads
Solid Protection in and Out
Power cords and cables on consumer electronics create radio energy, causing noise to disturb and interfere with other nearby electronic devices if not managed properly. Our small, cylindrical ferrite beads block the emission of radio waves from the cords and cables, maximizing power efficiency. The two-terminal surface mount ferrite chip beads provide a compact, cost-effective EMI filtering solution for densely packed designs, the small size enabling placement within a fraction of an inch of a troublesome high frequency device. Our proprietary construction produces rugged components with impedance and frequency characteristics superior to those of similar products. Small size. Big performance.
Benefits of Our Ferrite Chip Beads
Constructed from ultra-thin mixtures of nickel and zinc oxides, our multilayer NiZn ferrite chip beads are characterized by their size, light weight, low cost, and high reliability. They provide superb EMI reduction while remaining open to normal circuit operation. Other benefits include:
- For power lines, general signal lines, and high-speed signal lines
- SPICE Model available
- Datasheets includes impedance versus DC bias for predicting real performance even at very low current levels.
- Broadband, low frequency, and high frequency available
- Available in multiple sizes and materials
- Reliable, multilayer monolithic construction for continuous protection
- Up to 10A (I MAX) continuous operation capability
Find or Design Your Ferrite Chip Bead
Using Laird-manufactured parts, our team of global experts and engineers create a custom design experience that is unrivaled by our competitors. Explore our robust line of ferrite products or contact an engineer through customer service to discuss your next EMI solution.