Board Level Shielding
Dynamic Shielding. Unwavering Protection.
Managing electromagnetic interference requires protection that effectively considers space, weight and application constraints. Whether you need a one-piece, two-piece or a multi-compartmental shield, our board level shields provide isolation of board level components.
Benefits of Our Board Level Shields
Fashioned from Laird-manufactured parts, our versatile shielding solutions provide a strong foundation for your EMI applications without compromising the quality of base materials or design. Each board level shield offers a secure cover design that’s ideal for applications subject to shock and vibration such as mobile military vehicles, commercial aircraft and wireless electronics. Available in custom shapes and mounting options, our shields will help you minimize crosstalk and interference while maintaining optimal system speed and performance. Our shielding solutions also provide:
- One-piece and two-piece designs featuring six sides of protection.
- Multi-compartmental shields available to shield multiple components on a board.
- Proprietary process for 100% automatic optical inspection for measuring co-planarity.
- Reliable protection from shock and vibration using secure locking features between the frame and cover.
- Corner feature options include: folded, rigid corner, or full drawn to meet flatness and shielding effectiveness requirements.
- Mounting features: SMT castellations (standard), thru-hole lock pins, or tabs.
- A built-in feature in the frame for easy removal of the pick and place bridge for post reflow inspection.
- Tape and reel packaging available for automated placement onto the PCB.
- Two-piece designs can be supplied pre-assembled or unassembled.
- Drawn board level shields available to address high-frequency leakage.
- High-quality base materials such as CRS 1008/1010, Nickel Silver, Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
Find or Design Your Board Level Shields
If you’d like to create your own board level shield, our team of skilled engineers can design one that meets your specific application and design criteria. When we work with customers, we don’t simply focus on one EMI component—but the entire application—to ensure that our solutions provide maximum performance within a minimum timeframe. Explore our robust line of gaskets or contact an engineer through customer service to discuss custom options for your next board level shield.