Soft Shielding with Durable Design
EMI suppression isn’t easy to achieve if a gasket doesn’t fit your application’s requirements. Our fabric-over-foam gaskets are ideal for applications that require low compression force but still need high conductivity and shielding attenuation. If you’re looking to protect computer, telecommunications, or other equipment that requires soft shielding, we provide fabric-over-foam gaskets in a variety of shapes and thickness to meet your needs.
Available in nickel/copper (Ni/Cu) and tin/copper (Sn/Cu), our fabric-over-foam gaskets deliver versatile galvanic compatibility and shielding. Other benefits include:
- Low compression forces throughout a compression range from 30 to 75 percent based on the shape of the fabric-over-foam gasket and its materials.
- Shielding effectiveness of >100 dB across a spectrum of frequencies.
- Gaskets that are UL 94 V-0 flame-retardant and halogen free (EcoGreen™) making Laird gaskets eco-friendly and exceed RoHS compliancy.
- High abrasion and shear resistance due to metallized fabrics that incorporate proprietary coatings that do not degrade shielding performance.
- Urethane, thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) and even silicone core material, which provide low compression and ensure long term reliability of gasket performance in a wide variety of applications.
Find or Design Your Fabric-Over-Foam Gasket
We’ve expanded our line of fabric-over-foam gaskets to meet your most specific EMI needs and surpass regulatory requirements. Explore our catalog below or contact an engineer through our customer service department to create a fabric-over-foam gasket to meet your specific cross section shape, cut to length or unique die cut shape.